Deadline: July 20, 2012 (77 days left)
Contest's Website: [link]
The 39th International Humor Exhibition, organized by the National Center for Graphic Humor of Piracicaba (Brazil), is now calling for entries.
Each artist may enter a maximum of 3 works per category:
• Cartoon (graphic humor with universal themes and timeless)
• Charge (graphic humor journalistic themes nowadays)
• Caricature (graphic humor that expresses the physical and / or personality character known)
• Comic Strips/Comic Stories (graphic art in sequence, with plot closed in a standard format, usually published in newspaper columns)
• Theme Intolerance (only works focussing on the theme Intolerance, proposed by the organization)
Theme and graphical technique are free. Digital copies, signed by author and indicated that it is print number 1 will also be accepted. Maximum measures allowed: 42 x 30 centimeters (A3) (16,54 x 11,81 inches).
There is no entry fee.
Professional and amateur artists, Brazilians and foreigners can apply unpublished artworks that were not awarded until the closing date for entries.
The Awards are a total of R$ 35,000.00 (approx. 22,000 USD), acquisitive Municipality of Piracicaba, divided as follows:
• Five prizes of 1st place in the amount of R$ 5,000.00 (approx 3,150 USD) each, divided among the categories.
• One award of R$ 10,000.00 (ten thousand reais) called GRAND PRIZE INTERNATIONAL HUMOR OF PIRACICABA chosen among the five winners of each category.
• For the winner of Grand Prize of International Humor of Piracicaba and for the first place winners of each category will be awarded trophies by cartoonist Zélio Alves Pinto.
It will be awarded a prize of R$ 3.131,11 (approx 2,000 USD) exclusively for the caricature category, purchasing value from the City Council of Piracicaba.